The troop pullback process in the area of Petrivske village in eastern Ukraine was completed, the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) spokesperson Oleksander Shtupun said on Monday.
“The third day of the actual process of personnel, weapons and military equipment pullback finished today at noon. Now the verification is carried out by the Special Monitoring Mission of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and searching and eliminating of the explosives should start tomorrow according to the schedule,” Shtupun told Ukrainian media.
The spokesman said that 42 soldiers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, three armored combat vehicles and 48 small arms were moved 1 km from the frontline.
The troop pullback in Petrivske started on Nov. 9, 2019.
Earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced that an agreement on the troop pullback from Petrivske and Zolote in Donbas area had been reached at the Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk on Oct. 1.
The troop pullback in Zolote started on Oct. 29.
The previous lack of progress on the troop pullback process was one of the main obstacles to arranging the summit between the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany, known as the Normandy Four, where the next steps of the conflict resolution in the East of Ukraine should be decided.