Cuba this week announced the decision to suspend the arrival of international passenger flights and withdraw all foreign boats from the Caribbean island as part of the measures to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Last week, Cuban President Miguel Diaz Canel urged state institutions, private sectors and the public to increase control and discipline so as to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
Cuban Minister of Public Health Jose Angel Portal said Cuban residents entering the country must be isolated for 14 days at facilities set up by the government, while schools and universities were suspended for four weeks, from March 24 to April 20.
On March 20, Cuba said it would restrict foreigners from entering for a month. The island nation reported its first COVID-19 cases on March 11.