Lebanon recorded on Tuesday one imported COVID-19 case, raising the total number of infections in the country to 741, the National News Agency (NNA) reported.
The new case is an expatriate who arrived in Lebanon two days ago, NNA said, adding the health ministry did not witness any new infections among Lebanese residents.
The death toll from the virus has remained at 25, it noted.
Meanwhile, the cabinet decided to extend the general mobilization measures by another two weeks until May 24 despite its approval of the gradual reopening of businesses.
Earlier in the day, Firas Abiad, director general of the Rafic Hariri University Hospital, tweeted that the virus remains under control in Lebanon but it is still early to draw any conclusions.
“The number of new cases is within capacity. Daily tests, done in various locations, keep increasing,” Abiad said, warning that any complacency can undo all the hard work to contain the virus.
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab has urged security forces to strictly implement anti-coronavirus decisions and measures, warning against a second wave of the outbreak that may be more serious than the current one.