The spokesman of the Hamas-run ministry of health in Gaza said on Wednesday night that seven new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the Gaza Strip.
Ashraf al-Qedra told a news briefing held in Gaza city that the new cases are of Palestinians that had returned from Egypt last week through Rafah crossing point on the borders with the Gaza Strip.
He told reporters the total number of cases infected with the deadly virus has reached 30 cases since March 5, adding that 16 of them had recovered and the other 14 are receiving medical treatment in stable conditions.
“The Health Ministry in Gaza and other governmental establishments follow a series of precautionary measures to fight the spread of the virus in the Gaza Strip,” said al-Qedra.
He added that 1,630 Palestinians, who recently returned to Gaza through Rafah crossing point with Egypt and Erez crossing point with Israel, are held in quarantine at 16 medical centers.